Webinar: Thursday 9 July 2015, 09:00 AM – 12:30 PM [Note: 8 (not 10!) Central Time!] Continue Reading →
Archive | air pollution alert RSS feed for this section
EPA Community Air Monitoring Training Webinar
Air Quality Index reaches 200 in St. Michael, Minnesota
MPCA, Monday: “Air quality in the northern 2/3 of Minnesota is unhealthy for everyone.”
See “current conditions” here.
Conditions are reported as CODE RED–over 150–in Brainerd, Ely, and Virginia. Duluth is reporting 149. This is just for “fine particles (PM2.5). Ozone levels are low at the moment but are forecast to increase to CODE YELLOW levels later in the week.
Fine particles, ozone, heat, humidity and allergens (pollen, mold, etc.) are cumulative health stressors. Take the health threat seriously! Continue Reading →
Bad air on the Fourth of July……
Image from KSTP: https://www.facebook.com/KSTPTV/photos/a.384759236951.163883.313623491951/10153465445446952/?type=1 (Thanks to Carol Overland for locating this.)
The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) sends us a warning:
“Poor air quality in central Minnesota due to forest fires in Canada” Continue Reading →
- City of Red Wing kisses Xcel Energy butt…..works to raise your electric bills April 23, 2018
- This city WANTS a trump concentration camp: June 26, 2018
- Minnesota: A wholly owned subsidiary of Xcel Energy? #1 in a series. February 17, 2016
- Garbage prospers in the Minnesota Legislature March 12, 2015
- [Wash Post] “Utilities wage campaign against rooftop solar” March 9, 2015
- Responding to fascism: January 11, 2021
- Letter: Support the work of journalists, society’s mirrors June 2, 2020
- Viewpoint: Bring back Minnesota’s environmental conscience May 27, 2020
- Northern Metals Festivities….. July 31, 2019
- Viewpoint: Lessons from Three Mile Island aren’t over April 8, 2019
- alan: Hmmm 4 years on, lots of people running for local ...
- Tracy Byrd Dickerson: Thanks for keeping Frieda’s memory alive! Yes, ...
- film izle: Respect to article author, some wonderful entropy....
- Viewpoint: Lessons from Three Mile Island aren’t over | alanmuller.com: […] Note: This was published in the Red Wing...
- 40 years on, have we learned the lessons of Three Mile Island? | alanmuller.com: […] is timely to think about TMI as Xcel Ene...
- "Environmental Legacy"
- "Streamlining" and "Improvement"
- air pollution
- air pollution alert
- Attorney General
- Childrens' Health
- City of Red Wing
- City of Red Wing (Minnesota)
- climate change
- coal ash
- Community Solar Gardens
- Covanta/Hennepin County "Environmental Services"
- Environmental Justice
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Environmental Quality Board
- Environmental Regulation–Protecting Minnesota
- Frac sand mining
- Garbage Incineration
- General Mills
- Goodhue County
- Gov. Dayton's Executive Orders
- Liquified Natural Gas
- Lori Swanson
- Metallic Mining
- Minnesota energy policy
- Minnesota Legislature
- Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- Minnesota Power
- MN Public Utilities Commission
- MPCA Citizens' Board
- Nuclear Power
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- plants and animals
- St. Paul
- Union Pacific
- water pollution
- Xcel Energy