[Note: This was originally published as an email on October 30, 2009]
This is a follow-up note to the October 14 Action Alert (included below for reference) about “streamlining” of the Minnesota environmental review process.
Quite a few comments were sent–read them here–and staff at the MPCA seem a bid defensive at this point. This–slightly edited for clarity–is part of a note we received:
– We hear you! We know people are upset at the process and ideas in the meeting slides
– Ideas accepted until October 30th, after that we will simply attach them to the report
– MPCA report will be presented to EQB at Board meeting Nov 19th or in February. Will keep distribution list informed.
– Encourage people to sign up online for EQB Monitor
– This is a report to the legislature. If they have hearings on environmental review matters there are opportunities for input there and if the legislature requires EQB to make changes there will be opportunity for input. Continue Reading →